Monday, January 26, 2015

Abdul - My Name

Abdul Shalaby
EN 100
1/26/15
My Name
My name is Abdulaziz, but I like people to call me Abdul because it is easier and shorter. My name is hard to pronounce, so I want people to call me whatever they want to make it easier for them. It is complicated because it is unique and most people in the U.S. have never heard it before. Every semester, students struggle to pronounce my name, so I tell them to call me Abdul or any nickname to memorize it.



I like my name because it is so popular in my country, Saudi Arabia, and it is easy for people in my country to pronounce. My name is one of God’s names, and I am happy for that. My parents decided to choose this name to make it similar to my twin brother's name, which is Abdulrahman. There are many ways to write the last part of my name as in Abdulazeez or Abdul-Aziz. Either one is correct, but I prefer to write it Abdulaziz. 

No comments:

Post a Comment