Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Linda- My name



My Name
       Two years ago, I came to the U.S from China. I chose Linda as my English name because my real Chinese name is always hard to pronounce for local people. Linda is a common name. If someone yelled “Linda” in a crowd of street, I guess at least two or three people would turn their heads. However, I still like my name. It is very simple and easy to remember. To my surprise, I have been told by my Mexican friends that Linda has good meaning in Spanish, it means cute and beautiful. I’m very happy about it. In general, I’m glad to have Linda as my name. Though it is not a unique name, it is always a perfect name to me.

       On the other hand, I have used my Chinese name as official name since I was born. When I just born, my parent gave me a nickname as “lingling”, it sounds like the ring of Jingle Bell. My parents decide my name when I was about three months old. They have looked for my name in the dictionary for a week, in order to get a beautiful name for me. After they discussed it with all our family members, they picked “Shuning” as my name. In Chinese, “Shuning” has good meaning as peaceful, and comfortable. It is a best wish of my parent because they hope me to have a peaceful and comfortable life.

       I think I’m lucky, because now I have two nice name in my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment