Tuesday, January 27, 2015

My name- Chen

                                                                      My Name
                             My name is simple, and it’s easy to remember. My last name is really common in China. It comes from a big family a long time ago. My first name is simple too, and it sounds like the number four in Chinese, just different tones. Number four is not good luck in China because it has the similar sound as “death” in Chinese. My grandfather named me six months after I was born, and I had another name before I was born. It was difficult and complicated; I even couldn't remember it. The meaning of my name in Chinese is to think about something, to ponder something. It often reminds me to think a lot before acting, and that is what my grandfather wanted to tell me. My parents love my sister’s and my names, and my parents always say they are simple to write and easy to remember, but I don’t like that much because my name sounds like a girl’s name when people hear it for the first time.

                                           

                             After I came to the US, people said my name differently, and sometimes my first name confused people. That is why I just used my last name. They can pronounce it right which that makes me feel much better, and it doesn't bother me anymore.


                            

                             Everyone has a name, but it’s just a name. For others, maybe it’s not a big deal, but for me, it means a lot. It reminds me of many things, and it’s always like an alarm bell in my life. It tells me to think about all the things carefully, and that I should be patient.

No comments:

Post a Comment