Monday, January 26, 2015

Abdulrahman


             When I think about my name, I always think about mercy and kindness. God, in Islamic religion has ninety nine names, and this is one of them. It means the servant of the merciful. I think everyone with this name is kind and makes friends easily. Everyone with this name likes adventures and trying new things.
The story behind my name is when my twin brother and I were born, the doctor said we would not live because we were born at six months. Consequently, they had to put us in the hospital’s crib for a long time with the breathing machines, until they made sure we were safe to leave the hospital. Also, I had breathing problems when I was born and they had to do a tracheostomy so I could breathe. I stayed in the hospital for almost two years and I had many nurses talking care of me. Therefore, my mom was stressed out and she thought it was a good idea to call us one of God’s names.
My name is hard to pronounce for some people because it has so many letters, so it is funny how people say it. I like my name because it reflects my personality. I am nice, friendly, and smiley. My brother’s name is almost the same as mine. It is Abdulaziz. The similarity in our name is the first part of it. First part is Abdul and it means the servant of. The difference in it is the second part, and it is God’s name. 


No comments:

Post a Comment