Monday, January 26, 2015

Felix

                                              



                                                            My Name
            A name always has a meaning. Mine is composed by an imported one “Felix” and an African one “Ayodele”. I don’t really know the meaning of Felix. However I’m sure that it doesn't have a negative connotation, nor a positive one. I think it is somewhere around average. I’m glad to have this name just because it comes from my parents, and it means a lot for them.
           


           The history behind this name is related to my father’s work. My father works for the military in Togo. A couple of years ago he was chosen to participate at an important military program formation named “Formation Felix Houphouet Bouagny”. During this formation of two years, my mother gave birth to me, and in remembrance of this important formation they decided to name me Felix. I am really proud of this name because it is a tremendous souvenir from my parents.
          


             My African name Ayodele comes from the Yoruba’s tribe. Ayodele means “brought happiness at home”. It has been given to me because my grandparents want me to be recognized everywhere that I go as a Yoruba. Everyone that is from this tribe can know that I belong to the same tribe as them just by hearing my name. It always reminds me of who I am and where am I come from.



No comments:

Post a Comment