Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Hanwo Huang
ESL 100

                                                                     My name
            Hanwo Huang is my name. Huang is my father’s name. At first, I have to say that I like my name but, there is no reason. If it must have a reason maybe that is I have gotten used to it since I was born. Everybody called me “Hanwo” with a smile and I really enjoy that when I was child.
            My name was given to me by my uncle. In our hometown, the fortune teller said that of my five elements, I need fire. By the way, the five elements include metal, wood, water, fire and earth. So, that is one of reasons my name has a HAN. It means fire for me. However, my brother needs water. In this way, our parents were afraid of friendships of me and my brother. They were scare that we would always have conflict. And then WO means water for me.

my bro and sis

            Sometimes, I was thinking that my name would make crazy or may be it would make me complicated and sophisticated if five elements that makes sense because fire and water are in contrast. It means sometimes I might conflict with myself, but it is true. Sometimes, when I have to choose between two options, I have a dilemma and hesitate, which is may be why I hate to choose.  
Banney

            In addition, some of my friends said when they are in Wal- Mart, they would think about me because they are not many people with the name WO in China except Wal-Mart. Wal and WO they have a same pronunciation.
Bobby


            That is my name’s meaning and history. Although sometimes it gets me into trouble because of HAN, it is inevitable. Every name has a negative affect if people would like to rack their brain very hard. Consequently, I love my name very much.
by the way, I like playing basketball

No comments:

Post a Comment