Thursday, February 19, 2015

Larysa

                                                           LARYSA
                   
 
  I got my name after my mom's friend ,who I never met in my life. I never liked it either , because this name is rare in Ukraine , and it sounded strange for me.
  We used to have classic cartoon in Ukraine, about an old woman, named Shipoklyok, and she had a small rat as a pet at home, it's name was Laryska. Shipoklyok used to say to her rat "Laryska, jump into my bag please, we are leaving now. "Well...it is funny right now, but it was not funny for

 
me when I was ten years old.
  When I became older, I looked at my name from another side, another angle and perspective. I read a lot about my name , and it is not as boring as I thought before. My name comes from the Latin word "Larus", which means seagull above the ocean, and the beautiful city Larissa in heart of Greece.
  Larysa is very unique name. Some people have problems spelling it correctly, but to me it still sounds cool. I do not have any nicknames, but my parents called me Lara, like Lara from movie "Doctor Zhivago", which I do not like by the way either. Lara is not favorite version of my name, Larysa, Larusik, Larochka are better.
  Over the last ten years, I came to realize that my name Larysa represents beauty, harmony and uniqueness, that makes it very special to me.

1 comment: