Thursday, March 12, 2015

First Essay

The Perfect Movie Theater
“All the world's a stage, and all the men and women are merely players.” By Shakespeare. For movie lovers, they have their own personal roles such as students, housewives, sellers and doctors, but movies give them more choices to experience someone else. In fact, movie theaters already became a church for movie lovers, and movie lovers have to go there more than once per week.  I am a movie lover, and I was so excited when I received the application of immigrant, then I could get chances to visit American Movie Theaters.  I have been wondering about the American movie theater. Is the environment more beautiful?  Is the service more thoughtful or the price more expensive than China?  Every question just got answered after I arrived in the United State.
As a professional movie lover that the most important thing is having a good environment in a movie theater. In America, the first time I went to go a movie theater was a Friday night with my friends. It is located in a big building downtown. On the first floor, there was a spacious hall with elevators. The center of a movie theater on the second floor. The strange part was there were not so many customers. I thought it would be more crowded than Chinese movie theater because the Hollywood is the most famous movie industry. However, the decoration was more applied than Chinese movie theater such as displays and water fountain. When we were watching a movie, I noticed people were quite just like we were sitting in space. I am familiar Chinese movie theater that people talking a lot, so it was a surprise for me.
Fortunately, the service of American movie theater was amazing and it makes my feeling thankful. Before I came the U.S., the craziest thing that made me angry was feeling hungry when I was watching movie in a Chinese movie theater.  My stomach used to scream with the background of movie, but I couldn’t eat anything in the movie theater. Also, I couldn’t go outside for food and then come back proceed watching because I would probably miss some important plot. In China, if the movie theater allowed people to bring food into a movie theater, there would be rubbish everywhere.  When I saw the food store stand inside the American movie theater, I felt thankful. Furthermore, American customer service is more kind and friendly than Chinese service personnel. They always smile at me. Even though they didn’t totally understand what I said, they still patiently listened to my request: “Where is the bathroom? Please!”
However, for a poor movie lover, the price of a movie ticket is the only way to stop a movie lover from going to a movie theater and the once in China I have been was the definition of measure a good movie and a bad movie. Is a price of ticket or publicity of movie? For example, “Avatar” was the one of my favorite movies. For me, its story line, sound effect and picture were the best. However, the price was totally different between China and America that the ticket price of Chinese movie theater was more than America two times. Because it was such a popular movie in China, and a movie theater was the best place to watch it, so Chinese richer people didn’t care about the highest price around the world. When I finished watching “Avatar” in the movie theater, I just realized the movie was worth more than the highest price so many times even though I am not rich, but it was not meaning the movie tickets should be higher. Poor people also have right to watch such a good movie like this. For example, the tickets price of American movie theater are cheaper and always same rates, and the value of a movie will be universal of people.  

It is not a big deal which movie theater is better, because every movie has a different experience. They bring people into their stories to be the role that they never tried. However, I am so glad my country’s movie theater are more modern, in spite of some problems are still existence. On the other hand, I am enjoying the life in American Movie Theater and it makes me more like watching movies than before, also it already became one part of my American life. 

13 comments:

  1. The flow of your essay is great!! I also like to go to movie theater. In fact, my family and I go there every Friday night. I like iPic theaters because they have reclining chairs that are very comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, I agree with you about the comfortable chairs. I know a movie theater has amazing chairs and perfect environment facilities. We go there every month. If you want join us, just let me know.

      Delete
    2. Wow, I agree with you about the comfortable chairs. I know a movie theater has amazing chairs and perfect environment facilities. We go there every month. If you want join us, just let me know.

      Delete
  2. Hi,
    I think your essay was really good ! It was really interesting because I had no idea that in China the Movie Theater were like that ! According to your essay, I think the Movie Theater in France are similar with the Movie Theater in U.S. Since I'm arrived I've never been to a Movie Theater, so I should go there and check if it is the same or not !
    Oh and I agree Avatar is a great movie !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Coline, Movie theater environment and facilities are also depend on national situation and people 's habits. If you have time, we can go there together; there also has Bowling, pool and a awesome bar in the same building.

      Delete
  3. I love movie too, and I go to theater frequently in China and here. The only thing that disappoint me is there are not as many discounts on group-on as in China.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right, and it is why Chinese movie theater make a lot of money from group discounts. By the way, I am planing a movie night party.

      Delete
    2. sounds great!!! you have to tell me when is it~~~

      Delete
  4. I like movies too. That's good that you found american movie theatre more intresting and better than in China, at least you don't have to feel like you miss something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Monika. You are right, I couldn't say which one is better, and I am living in America, so I should enjoy it. I think Chinese movie theater is better than before. I have been four years didn't come back China, so I miss that feeling in Chinese movie theater.

      Delete
  5. hi man, maybe is time to hand out with me to watch fifty shade of grey

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the idea of the easy is excellent. I really like you topic .they only thing is that you need to work more in your grammar like me because I have problem in that area too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. yes, i totally agree with you. when i was in China, i often went to the movie theater and enjoy the time when i watched a movie in a movie theater. However, in America i lost my something when i watched movie in America.

    ReplyDelete